Performance Specialist Internship
An internship at CoreXcellence will improve your skills as a coach by providing you with a real-life learn-by-doing experience. In working with our team of passionate and knowledgeable Movement Specialists you will develop the skills necessary to create a successful career in the performance industry thereby making a significant and lasting impact in your clients’ lives.
As a CoreXcellence intern you will have the opportunity to work with Performance Specialists who emphasize the seamless integration of CoreXcellence’s pillar of success – Performance, Nutrition, Regeneration, and Mindset. You will have the opportunity to develop your assessment, programming and coaching skills with a diverse clientele. This holistic approach assures that the athlete, client, or patient is empowered with individualized strategies on and off the training floor. Through an 11-component training system, and a comprehensive testing model that touches on every aspect of performance, the CoreXcellence internship brings to life a training system that can fit any population and environment.
As part of your CoreXcellence internship, you’ll participate in lectures and practical sessions that provide an in-depth look at CoreXcellence’s guiding principles.
The goal is to expose the intern to different models and philosophies, and how they are integrated into our methodology and training system. We want you to learn how to evaluate the body in a more 3-dimensional format, understand the entire kinetic chain as well as prescribe and implement the best exercises and progressions to meet the individual needs of each athlete, client, or patient. Open your mind to the enormity of possibilities during a training session with athletes/clients — think outside the box and forget about the cookie cutter approach.
- Training methodology and systems
- Movement assessment (FMS, PRI, etc)
- Program design
- Olympic lifting
- Plyometrics training
- Medicine ball training
- Acceleration and deceleration techniques
- Multidirectional movement
- Energy System Development (ESD)
- Upper and lower body lifting progressions
- Physical therapy performance integration
- Soft tissue modalities and regeneration techniques
- Common movement compensations
- Sales and Marketing
- Recognize and identify the 11-components within with CoreXcellence Training System
- Provide theoretical rationale for the importance of each training and testing
component relative to our integrative system.
- Identify and differentiate program design recommendations based on individual, environmental, and sport/goal considerations.
- Effectively demonstrate a practical nutrition coaching process that you can use in performance coaching for clients of all levels.
- Identify common movement errors based on presented technical models for linear and multidirectional movements and prioritize correcting the most fundamental area.
- Identify and describe effective coaching strategies based on theoretical rational provided within the coaching science and motivational science sessions.
Interns have the opportunity to observe, coach, and gain exposure to different aspects of the industry: performance training for sport, corporate and/or general population, movement assessment, rehabilitation, nutrition counselling, athletic development, facility design, sales/marketing and business development.
This is an unpaid academic internship with a minimum requirement of 20 hours per week for 16 weeks. Workdays are Monday – Friday varied hours and may include Saturday on a rotating schedule. Hours are subject to change based on time of year and population of athletes in-house.
- 1-2 years experience in performance training and/or
- University degree in Exercise Science or related field and/or
- Currently certified through one of the nationally accredited industry associations (NSCA, ACSM, NASM, etc.) as well as Exos Performance Specialist certification.
If you are interested in an internship position, please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
We are always looking to expand our team with the best people in the fitness industry. If you are interested in applying for a position, send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org