A career at CoreXcellence is a highly rewarding experience. In addition to working for an industry leader in performance, you can build a successful career, enjoy work as part of a passionate, committed, and knowledgeable team, and make a significant and lasting impact in peoples lives.
As a CoreXcellence intern you will have the opportunity to work with Performance Specialists who emphasize the seamless integration of Mindset, Nutrition, Movement, and Recovery. This holistic approach assures that the athlete, client, or patient is empowered with individualized strategies on and off the training floor. Through an 11-component training system, and a comprehensive testing model that touches on every aspect of performance, the CoreXcellence internship brings to life a training system that can fit any population and environment.
You will have the opportunity to compliment your hands-on learning experience with participation in our weekly staff in-service, which focuses on continuing education in a classroom-style learning environment.
We work closely with our internship participants to develop coaching, assessment, and program design skill sets to compliment career aspirations within the industry. Additionally, all interns will be granted free participation in any seminars/mentorships hosted at CoreXcellence during their time with us.
What you will learn:
– Training methodology and systems
– Movement assessment (FMS, PRI, etc.)
– Program design and periodization
– Speed development and proper biomechanics
– Olympic lifting
– Plyometric training
– Medicine ball training
– Acceleration and deceleration techniques
– Multidirectional movement
– Energy System Development (ESD)
– Upper and lower body lifting progressions & regressions
– Physical therapy performance integration
– Soft tissue modalities
– Common movement compensations, how to spot them & what approach to take to correct them
– Nutritional theory and application with different types of clients/athletes
– Recovery & regeneration techniques
– Sales and Marketing
Duties and Responsibilities
– Attend a weekly staff meeting which focuses on program design, exercise technique, corrective approaches, movement considerations for certain populations, nutrition coaching and other forms of continuing education.
– Prepare a presentation on appointed readings
– Daily set up and clean up of the weight room
– other training facility related duties
Observe and assist clients in the following areas
– Soft tissue, pre-hab & repositioning drills
– Dynamic warm up and mobility drills
– Speed development and lateral movement coaching
– Plyometric drills, Olympic lifting and explosive training
– Overall strength training (upper body, lower body and core exercises)
– Conditioning (aka- energy system development)
Expectations of all Applicants
– Be competent teaching dynamic warm-up & flexibility drills.
– Demonstrate a knowledge of training techniques.
– Be eager to learn and accepting of constructive criticism.
– Must be comfortable interacting with clients, parents, etc.
– Must have energy and possess an outgoing personality.
– Must present yourself in a manner that will reinforce your status as a professional and a role model for impressionable young athletes.
This is an unpaid academic internship with a minimum requirement of 20 hours per week throughout the duration of their program. Workdays are Monday – Friday with varied schedules and may include Saturdays on a rotating schedule. Hours are subject to change based on time of year and population of athletes in-house.
Winter Session: November 17th – March 20th (2 Positions) *Application Deadline: November 14th, 2014
Summer Session: April 20th – August 28th (3 Positions)*Application Deadline: March 1st, 2015
Fall Session: September 18th – December. 11th (2 Positions) *Application Deadline: October 1st, 2015
Qualifications and Requirements
- Proficient with anatomy
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer literate-Word and Excel
- Excellent communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Fulfilling a curriculum/graduation requirement in Exercise Science or related field
- Must be certified in First Aid/CPR for the duration of the internship term, or demonstrate willingness to obtain credentials
- Demonstrate the willingness to obtain either NSCA-CPT or XPS certification – Completed before internship end.
- Available to commit to the entire length of the internship and work at least 20 hours per week
Our Performance Systems help people exceed their potential, so if you are as passionate about helping others as you are about challenging yourself, join the CoreXcellence team today.
Please email us to request a copy of our application be sent to your attention. Additionally, send a cover letter, resume and references to: email@example.com